About Me

Country girl. Mother. sister. friend. Loves coffee, M&ms, oreo cookies, shoes, baseball, In style and Glamour, reality tv, playing piano, music, geography, anything with polkadots, medieval history, historical architecture, sunsets, travelling, and of course photography.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Waterfall Adventures

A couple weeks ago on a beautiful, hot, sunny day Mike, my kids, and myself took the day off. I had wanted to do the Grey county waterfall tour all summer long and finally we had a day to do it. It entails a vehicle, map and 7 waterfalls all in grey county, in a 150 km radius....spanning from durham, to owen sound and back and around through small touristy towns. Some of the falls were a major effort to get to, others were just a little hike down a path. But the day was really fun, and each waterfall brought a new adventure. The kids were excited each time we went back in the van to see where the tour brought us next.

The following shot is the last falls of the day..."hoggs falls" my favorite waterfall:)

my kids acting not so civil

trying to get a good shot. Climbing down to this waterfall was very slippery and tricky. I set my tripod up on some rocks and this shot below was summer having to go to the bathroom at which point I pointed to a nearby bush.
Too late for the shot. I slipped.
Mike trying to get the kids set up.



Me working it.

This is Eugenia falls. in a pretty little town and a very quick hike to it. Can't go down below.

This is walters falls. Actually i didn't get a picture of the falls cause it wasn't that great, but i really liked this mill.
This was the first falls we found...Inglis falls. A very long hike to get to cause we didn't want to pay to get into the conservation park, but well worth the hike.
Yay, I made it over the huge boulders.






Ian and Megan were all over the place, climbing rocks, jumping over rushing water. They're major adventurists like their mom and dad.
I was about 50 feet away when I took this shot....I zoomed in quite a bit. Ian's quite high here. He did some major climbing to get to this point.



No comments: